Given our commitment to engaging the whole child and our extensive learning support and enrichment opportunities, we are proud to have earned the highest possible rating on our State of Wisconsin Report Card, Significantly Exceeds Expectations for the past 3/3 academic years.
As a school, St. Sebastian Catholic School consistently outperforms schools across the greater Milwaukee area, as well as exceeds the state averages in the assessed categories of Reading and Math. Additionally, our students excel in the content areas of Science and Social Studies, neither of which are visible on the State of Wisconsin Report Card.
Our graduating 8th grade students leave St. Sebastian Catholic School well prepared for the next level of rigor at area Catholic high schools, as well as local public high schools they might attend.
Elements factoring into our scores and achievements include the following:
- Standards based instructional planning and assessments.
- Core courses include:
- English Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Specials: Physical Education, Art, Music, Technology
- Engaging instructional delivery, actively involving students in their learning.
- Differentiation of instruction across all grade levels in content, process, and product.
- Attention to a growth mindset approach to learning.
- A staffed Learning Center provides enrichment opportunities for students who may be advanced in one or more subject areas.
- Title I program support in Reading and Math for students who may need remediation or adapted courses of study.
- Trauma-informed awareness and approach to each child’s learning needs.
- Data-driven analysis and staff collaboration guide instructional goals and objectives.
- Curriculum resources and instructional materials are evaluated annually by school administration and faculty.
- Educational program goals and content are reviewed annually by the faculty, principal, and parent representatives serving on our School Committee.
- Cooperative learning, project-based learning, and problem-based learning are additional ways that our teachers build intellectual and social character through instruction.
- Extensive professional development for all staff each year in targeted areas for growth that directly impact and benefit student learning outcomes.