Welcome current and new Choice families for the 2016-2017 school year!
Please read the instructions below for Choice and complete the process by March 20. Additionally, you’ll need to pick up St. Sebastian school registration materials in the school office. Our parish has an enrollment cap for the Choice Program. Please click here for details.
If you have questions, please contact the school office – 414-453-5830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Both Current & New Choice Families
- There is no paper copy of the returning Choice application for 2016-17 – IT IS ALL DONE ONLINE! Our first Open Enrollment period for St. Sebastian School is March 1-20. All your Choice application steps MUST be completed by March 20 or current Choice families may lose their Choice seat to another new family. Since Choice applications are done through the DPI website, we have no control over applications that are not final by March 20.
- Go to dpi.wi.gov/ChoiceParent. You will begin by creating an online Choice family account with an email address and a password. If you are residents of the city of Milwaukee, choose the Milwaukee Choice program at MPCP. If you live outside the city of Milwaukee, choose the Wisconsin Choice Program at WCPC. Follow step-by-step instructions on the website. Income guidelines are posted below.
- Again, you will complete one online application for your family, but list each current child in the program. Choose St. Sebastian School from the pop-up school menu as a school in which to apply. St. Sebastian School only showed up after March 1, so if you checked the site prior to March 1, look again.
- As part of the Choice laws, once you are in the Choice Program and remain a Milwaukee resident, you get to stay in it even if you go over the financial limits. If your child was already enrolled in the Choice program, you DO NOT have to prove financial income. The only exception is if you have another child beginning in the Choice Program – that child is considered a new Choice student, and financial verification is needed. If you are new to the Choice Program, your child is considered a new Choice student, and financial verification is needed.
- You must provide proof of 2015 Milwaukee residency. A pop-up screen will outline for you what allowable documentation you can bring to the school to prove residency. This document also needs to be dated no more than 3 months before the date on your Choice application.
- If you have a new Choice student, you must provide proof of 2015 family income. Again, a pop-up screen will outline for you how to choose proof of financial verification and what proper documentation you can bring to the school to prove income. You will need to choose the Department of Revenue method or Department of Public Instruction method. Read those requirements carefully in making your decision.
- Your online application must be submitted by March 20. All documentation for the school office must be submitted by Monday, March 21 or the application is not acceptable. If the application is not complete, your Choice seat will go to the next family in line with a complete application. We currently have 46 students on our Choice Waiting List.
- Register for St. Sebastian School using the Choice forms in the open enrollment period. For returning families, your chances of retaining your Choice seat or enrolling new brothers or sisters are guaranteed, but only before March 21. Submit a Choice application for each family online by March 20, and submit address verification and financial verification (New Choice only) by March 21 or you will probably lose your Choice seat.
- Any application not properly completed, incorrectly completed, or lacking appropriate residency/financial verification will not be considered. See Mr. Hohl for help if needed.
Milwaukee MPCP Financial Limits
300% of the Federal Poverty Level for 2016-17
Family Size Maximum Yearly Income
3 $60,810 Plus $7,000 bonus for
4 $73,401 married couple.
For each additional member add $12,591.
Wisconsin WPCP Financial Limits
185% of the Federal Poverty Level for 2016-17
Family Size Yearly Income
- $37,499 Plus $7,000 bonus for
- $45,263 married couple.
- For each additional member add $7,764.
We have scheduled Choice application help sessions in our school computer lab for those who need assistance or computer access. No need to register – just show up to the school’s computer lab during the scheduled times for help:
- Tuesday, March 8, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 9, 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 15, 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 16, 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 17, 6:00-6:30 p.m.