The St. Sebastian community has a long history of a strong commitment to educating the whole child, evidenced in our striving to meet the needs of every student seeking a Catholic education at our school.
In 2018, St. Sebastian Catholic School was awarded the distinction of an “Exemplary Award in Educating the Whole Student” from the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
Below are just some of the factors that make our school special:
- Our amazing students!
- Every classroom is unique and diverse – economically, racially, geographically (students from over 20 zip codes), in learning styles and needs, and fun personalities.
- We strive to acknowledge, affirm, and capitalize on each child’s unique and shared gifts.
- Families committed to growing in faith, academics, and community.
- Faculty & Staff who are loving, dedicated, and passionate about kids and equity in education.
- Focus on differentiating the instruction in order to meet students’ diverse needs.
- Small class sizes (average of 18 students), with two classes per grade level.
- Our incredible Student Support Team, who further support students, teachers, and families in collaborating on how to best meet the needs of our students, from remediation to enrichment.
- Our innovative Student Support Team includes the following positions and expertise:
- Director of Student Support
- Special Education Teacher
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- School Counselor
- Title I Teacher and Interventionist
- Math Specialist
- (2) Student Instructional Assistants
- Dean of Students and Culture
- Regularly scheduled response to Intervention (RTI) meetings and strategy sessions with Teachers and Support Staff.
- Our 60+ years partnership and integration with Saint Coletta Day School, a school serving. amazing students with special needs. St. Coletta is housed within Saint Sebastian School.
- Our partnership with Mount Mary University’s Occupational Therapy Program.
- We use the “Zones of Regulation” to help students self-identify feelings and behaviors.
- Love & Logic philosophy for behavior management, problem solving, and communication.
- Our Specials curriculum includes – Physical Education, Art, Music, Library, and Technology.
- A reliable and engaging before and after school care, known as our “PAL program.”